Hello - Welcome to A Magazine

 


Hello, A Magazine

First Edition — September 2026

Hello, and welcome to the new A Magazine.

I have been wanting to write this for quite some time. A Magazine is not exactly a new idea for me. I actually started it years ago as a place to write about my experiences—things I had tried, places I had visited, books I had read, things I had bought, restaurants I had discovered, and moments that I simply wanted to remember. It was my little corner of the internet where I could put my experiences into words.

But over time, I realized that I wanted it to become something more.

The older I get, the more I understand that our experiences are valuable not only because we lived them, but because of what we learn from them. A restaurant can be more than a meal. A book can become a new perspective. A trip can change the way we see a place, or even ourselves. A beautiful object can teach us something about our taste, while a disappointing experience can teach us what we don't want.

That is what I want A Magazine to capture.

I don't want this to be a magazine about one particular niche. I have never been interested in living that way, and I don't think my interests have ever fit neatly into one category. I love books, food, travel, art, fashion, beauty, architecture, culture, work, and the many little things that make life interesting. Sometimes I want to talk about a restaurant; another time it might be a museum, a dress, a hotel, a book, a city, or simply an idea I have been thinking about.

The connection between them is not the subject. It is the person experiencing them.

So the new A Magazine is my Personal Magazine.

It is a place where I can curate my taste and my experiences, but also share the thinking behind them. I want to tell you not only what I discovered, but what I thought about it, what I learned, whether I would recommend it, and whether I believe it is worth making space for in our lives.

Perhaps that is also why I am choosing to relaunch A Magazine in September.

September is my birthday month, and this year it feels particularly meaningful. I am turning another page in my life, and I think there is something beautiful about beginning again at a time when I am also reflecting on where I have been and where I am going.

I have always believed that life is a collection of experiences. Some are extraordinary, while others are so ordinary that we barely notice them when they happen. But together, they become our memories, our preferences, our stories, and eventually, a part of who we are.

At this stage of my life, I want to become more intentional about what I choose to experience and what I choose to remember.

That is also what I hope A Magazine can become : a curated record of a life being lived.

Not a perfect life. Not a life where everything is worth recommending. And certainly not a place where I pretend to have all the answers. Just my honest experiences, carefully selected and thoughtfully written, in the hope that something here might be useful to you.

Maybe you are looking for a restaurant and want to know if it is actually worth going to. Maybe you are choosing your next book. Maybe you are planning a trip, looking for somewhere beautiful to visit, wondering what to wear, searching for a new experience, or simply curious about something I have discovered.

If my experience can save you time, give you a new idea, help you make a better choice, or simply make you curious enough to experience something yourself, then it has served its purpose.

This new edition also comes with a new format, a new template, and a new way of presenting the magazine. It may look different from the A Magazine I created years ago, but the heart of it remains the same: I experience something, I reflect on it, and I share it.

Only now, I want to do it with more intention.

I want A Magazine to grow alongside me. As my taste changes, it can change. As I discover new places, read new books, learn new things, and enter new chapters of life, there will always be somewhere to put those experiences and perhaps that is the most personal part of all.

One day, I hope I can look back at these pages and see not only what I liked, where I went, or what I discovered, but the woman I was becoming at each stage of my life. So, this is my first hello to the new A Magazine.

Thank you for being here at the beginning of this new chapter.

Welcome to my personal magazine.

I hope you find something here that is worth knowing, worth trying, worth remembering—or perhaps simply worth experiencing for yourself.

With love,

Alicia Van Akker
Editor of A Magazine

September 1, 2026

Posting Komentar

0 Komentar